- Freevo has a large number of dependencies. If you are using a distro that already has Freevo pre-packaged it is recommended to use them. For the rest of us and those that just like getting dirty, here we go:
Freevo 1.6 Core
Python 2.3 or higher http://www.python.org/
Egenix (python-mx-base) http://www.egenix.com/files/python/eGenix-mx-Extensions.html#Download-mxBASE
Twisted (not 2.5.0 and higher) http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/
Elementtree (It is include in python 2.5 or higher)http://effbot.org/zone/element-index.htm
- Xfree86 or X.org
Python Imaging Library (python-imaging) http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/
Freevo 1.x Core (svn)
- mmpython has been replaced by kaa.base and kaa.metadata
- kaa.base from svn (svn co svn://svn.freevo.org/kaa/trunk/base kaa/base)
- kaa.metadata from svn (svn co svn://svn.freevo.org/kaa/trunk/metadata kaa/metadata)
- PIL has been replaced with kaa.imlib2 (svn co svn://svn.freevo.org/kaa/trunk/imlib2 kaa/imlib2)
beautifulSoup 3.0.3 or higher http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/
tvtime http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/ - Used for watching TV
Mplayer http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html - Mplayer or Xine is required for most of the Freevo features to work. Both is currently recommended.
Xine-0.9.22 or newer http://xinehq.de/index.php/releases - Xine currently provides best DVD support under Freevo
Pylirc http://pylirc.mccabe.nu/ - Optional, it is only need if you are going to use an IR remote.
Lirc http://www.lirc.org/ - Optional, Only required if you are using Pylirc.
xmlTV http://xmltv.org/wiki/ - Used by Freevo for collecting and parsing online TV guides
lsdvd http://sourceforge.net/projects/lsdvd - Used by Freevo to read DVD titles
- The following library list is provide to ease the work of package maintainers and those of that insist on building Freevo from source. While none of these libraries are directly used by Freevo they are sub-dependencies of Freevo's helper apps and dependencies. Many of the libraries should already ship with modern Linux distros.
Numeric http://numpy.scipy.org/ - Required by pygame and Freevo
imlib2 http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/enlightenment/imlib2-1.2.2.tar.gz - Required by kaa.imlib2
PyXML http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/ - Required by mmpython
PIL (Python Image Library) http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/ - Required by mmpython
SDL http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php - Required by pygame
SDL_Mixer http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/ - Required by pygame
SDL_ttf http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_ttf/ - Required by pygame
SDL_image http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_image/ - Required by pygame
Freetype 2 http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3157&package_id=3121&release_id=499970 - Used for font rendering by several apps.
pysqlite-1.0.1 http://initd.org/tracker/pysqlite - Required by freevo cache
sqlite-2.8.16 http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-2.8.16.tar.gz - Required by pysqlite-1.0.1
jpgtran http://www.ijg.org/files/jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz - Required by pygame
libdvdread http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/downloads.shtml - Used by Xine and lsdvd to read DVDs
libdvdcss http://developers.videolan.org/libdvdcss/ - Used by libdvdread to read protected DVDs
zlib http://www.zlib.net - Required by mmpython
- Perl - Required by xmlTV
Perl Modules (Check the xmlTV Readme for regional perl modules)- Required by xmlTV (The simplest way to get install the perl modules is to use "cpan <module name>".)
- These libraries provide extra functionality to Freevo helper apps.
- lame - used by mplayer
- flac - used by mplayer
- faad - used by mplayer
- fbset and matroxset (in case you want to use the mga output of your matrox G400 on a television)
smpeg 4.4 http://icculus.org/smpeg/ - Optional pygame use it. It may be need by some emulators.
Depending on what features you want beyond Core there are extra plugins and deps. Future updates to the wiki will attempt to list extra Freevo plugins and there correspondening deps.